THE INDIAN FASHION INDUSTRY
The fashion industry in India is young, although India has one of the world’s oldest textile industries. The first professional fashion show was held in India just over 20 years ago. This brings with it challenges as well as a whole lot of positive opportunities. India's romance with fashion today follows millennials wanting to emulate film stars and models by staying up to date on the latest trends ranging from ethnic wear to contemporary and western wear.Fashion Shows held in major metros across India are seeing a rise in attendance, and actual economic output, and is accelerating to catch pace with the global industry.
Indywood Fashion Premier League
The Indywood Fashion Premier League, a professional fashion competition between teams owned by billionaires with business interests in the field of films and entertainment was held over 3 days from Dec 2-4 at Hyderabad. The event seeks to promote indigenous fashion and talent by commercializing India’s as yet untapped fashion sector.
- To brand the fashion industry of India globally using the country’s billion dollar film Industry
- To have the 1 st Premiere League of India under the Indywood brand name and venue
- To become India's No.1 fashion event in 5 years
- The IFPL will comprise 12 fashion teams
- Each team will be owned by separate individuals, preferably from same Area
- Auction range starts from INR 1-5 crores depending on industry size
- Team rights can be bought for INR 1-5 crores (minimum). There is also provision to be a temporary sponsor for an annual fee of INR 10 – 25 lakhs. Team owners shall be
selected through Auction.
- Four rounds of competition will be held per day for 15-20min (including team sponsor's
branding slot of max 5 min)
- There will be a gap of 20 minutes in between for Billionaire’s Club
- There will be a 10 minute slot for Event Sponsor to launch his brand
- Showstoppers roped in shall be famous stars from the respective industry. More artists can be included as Models or Brand Ambassadors.
- One costume round shall be based on corresponding region’s traditional dress code.
- 25% of team revenue to be shared with Indywood as Brand Royalty and towards Event
Management. Another15% shall be budgeted towards Venue & 4% towards fund
raising/marketing.10% of the revenue shall be kept as Prize Money.
- Indywood shall take care of venue, Billionaire guests, Media, Celebrities and
Investors. Previous year Award Winners can be made Award Presenters in the present
- Event will be hosted by the prestigious Indywood Billionaires Club
- Exclusive Press Meet Facility
- Photo session with members of the Billionaires Club
- Free Stall for all Choreographers
- After Party DJ